“Commissioner Taylor has worked tirelessly and successfully for Belknap County since his installation as Commissioner in early 2015. He was the first person to suggest using the Sullivan County example as the model for the start of our jail planning. In addition, it was Hunter Taylor who headed the county negotiating team that reached the contractual agreements with the county employee bargaining units. Not only did we end up with good results for all concerned, we did it without paying an outside negotiator an exorbitant amount of money to lead and advise our team. There is no one working harder for Belknap County than Hunter Taylor, and I hope you will vote for him in the Republican Primary on September 13.”
Dave DeVoy, Chairman
Belknap County Board of Commissioners
On The Issues
- Committed to keeping county taxes among the lowest in the state while having an efficient and responsive county government.
- Committed to a Community Corrections Center treating substance abuse problems and mental health issues, and reducing recidivism.
- Committed to county participation in the development of a program designed to allow our seniors to stay in their own homes longer, reducing the need for more expensive institutional (nursing home) care.
- Committed to continued negotiation of collective bargaining agreements that are fair to both the taxpayers of Belknap County and the county employees
- 9 years on Southampton Township School Board in Burlington County, New Jersey
- 2 years on Burlington County Republican Committee
- 4 years (3 as Chairman) on Mount Holly, New Jersey Land Use Board
- 6 years on the Main Street Mount Holly Economic Reconstruction Committee
- 2 years on New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education Board of Trustees
- Currently a member of the Belknap County Cooperative Extension Advisory Board
- Currently a member of the Alton Centennial Rotary Club
- Regular participation in Alton Cleanup Day and Salvation Army Turkey Plunge, as well as various trail maintenance efforts.
Education & Professional Experience
- Union University, Undergraduate
- Tulane Law School, Law Degree
- Columbia University School of Law, Masters in Law
- University of Georgia School of Law, Faculty
- Rutgers University School of Law, Faculty
- Started private practice in 1990.
- Retired from law practice in 2010.